2017 Art Workshops Mackinaw City
MCAAC offers creative workshops at our Cultural Center located at Mackinaw Crossings in Mackinaw City, Michigan. Here is a list of the featured Artist’s workshops for the summer of 2017. More will be added soon. In addition, we also have free Art 4 Kids Days, Paint and Pour events , music and more. Please visit our Event Calendar Page for dates and details – click here.
Thursday, July 13th, 6-9 PM and Friday, July 14th, 6-9 PM – Two Night/ PMC Jewelry Making Class
Rosemary Gould is offering a Precious Metal Clay jewelry making workshop. Each participant will jewelry from a clay medium which turns to silver when fired. PMC, Precious Metal Clay, is pure silver in a special form. In its wet state, PMC has the texture of clay and is easily manipulated. Once dry, it is fired in about 2 minutes, using a mini butane torch. During this workshop you will learn the entire process…from design, to firing, to finishing. All materials are included in the pricing. No previous experience is required. The cost for the class is $95 which includes $45 in materials. Please visit our events page for details – click here.
Rosemary Gould is an established artist and teacher who lives on the shore of Lake Huron near Cheboygan. She holds a BA in Art Education from Wayne State University and a Master of Fine Arts from Michigan State University.
To register please use are handy registration form – click here.
Learn to Journal with Watercolors
Sketchbook Journaling with Mary Lou Peters -Tuesday, August 29th and Wednesday, August 30th
In this art workshop Students of all skill levels will learn a joyful way to record and keep memories in their own personal sketchbooks through the use of watercolor paints. They will learn to see their world through new eyes as they as they create pages from their travels, gardens, holidays, and everyday life in their own charming illustrated journals.
This class will be held on two consecutive days for six hours from 10 AM-4 PM (including an hour break for lunch—bring your own brown bag or purchase at a local Mackinaw City restaurant. Cost for the 2 days is $150.
NOTE: Students need to bring their own supplies for this workshop. Click here to see a list of supplies needed (you will also receive this list in an email upon registering.)
Mary Lou Peters has been painting in watercolors for twenty seven years and keeping an illustrated journal for nearly that long. She has taught children and adults, beginners through advanced levels for the last seven years.
Mary Lou’s work may be viewed at www.maryloupeters.com
Journal Workshop Supply List
- Journal with heavyweight paper (140 lb. smooth for writing on). Stillman & Birn Zeta Series, 5×8, hardcover, spiral bound sketchbook is recommended.
- Small palette: Koi Watercolor Pocket Field Sketch Box by Sakura, 24 colors.
- Bring a large size zip lock top plastic bag to hold your palette after a painting session.
- Brush: A waterbrush comes with the Koi Kit, or you can buy a watercolor travel brush size 6.
- Water cup with screw-on cap. Must be leak-proof.
- Pencil with #2 lead.
- Kneaded eraser (doesn’t leave marks or eraser debris).
- Correction pen (white ink).
- Pigma Micron pen, black ink, point size 03. You may also use 01 or 05. Your pen MUST be permanent ink.
- Paper towels, 3 of them folded into squares in a sandwich size plastic bag.
- Small tote bag to hold these supplies (you may use a plastic grocery bag).
- A foldable chair to sit on while painting outdoors.
- You may want to bring a stool to place your supplies on to keep them off the ground.
We recommend buying locally, if art supplies are not available near you, Amazon.com carries the sketchbook and watercolor sketch box. Cheap Joe’s Art Supplies (a catalog/online store wwwcheapjoes.com: 1-800-227-2788) is also a source for supplies on this list.